Beginners Upholstery Class
Our beginners class teaches the fundamentals of sewing and upholstery using a hands-on approach. You will be sewing on the first day of class! Have no fear if this is your first time using a sewing machine. For those who are more experienced, the complexity of the projects can be increased.
- All materials are included in the class fee. There is an option to bring in a bar stool or similar item for project #2
- You will complete four projects total, each teaching fundamental principals common to all types of upholstery
- You will learn to thread and operate an industrial, walking-foot sewing machine beginning class #1
- 5 students per class- each will have a dedicated sewing machine
- Class is taught by Jeff, a veteran self-taught upholsterer
- Wednesday evening (6pm-9pm; 3 hours) classes run for 6 weeks, while Saturday morning (9am-1pm; 4 hours) run for 5 weeks.
- If you have to miss a class, you will be able to make it up another day
The Projects (All customizable!)
- Simple Bag- draw-string or tote style.
- Barstool cover (can bring barstool or similar simple furniture piece)
- Flat panel stapling project with piping (least functional project, but teaches multuple necessary skills to further your craft)
- Complex Bag- zippered, pockets, etc.
Class Fee: $500